Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. 163
Happy hump day! And, yes… I will refrain from the bad camel joke… Today’s Hodgepodge is a mishmash of interesting questions. Read on to find out what the biggest change is since my childhood, what was in the last can I opened, what river I would most like to cruise, and more… Want to join in on the fun? Answer the questions and link up with Joyce!
1. What’s the biggest change since your childhood in the way people think or act?
I would have to say how unsafe it is to be unsupervised outside. When I was growing up, we were outside and playing from sun up to sun down. We didn’t think twice about going into a neighbor’s house for a band-aid, drink of water, or a snack. No one worried about us. Your friend’s mom was just as good (or better!) than your mom. These days, I would never let my kids have free reign of the yard and neighborhood like that. There are too many bad people in the world. I don’t even let them be in the backyard – which is fenced in with a 6-foot privacy fence – by themselves.
2. The Olympic Biathlon involves cross country skiing broken up with either two or four rounds of target shooting. Which part of that would stress you out more? Or would you love them both equally?
Definitely the skiing because I don’t know how to ski. The target shooting wouldn’t bother me at all. I know how to shoot both a crossbow and guns. So, that part would be a piece of cake.
3. February is National Canned Food Month…what is your most often purchased canned food item? What was in the last can you opened?
I would have to say my most purchased canned food item is spaghetti and meatballs because the kids like them. The last canned good I opened up was “princesses” chicken and noodle soup.
4. What river (anywhere in the world) would you most like to cruise?
Wow. This is a hard choice! There’s the Nile, Mississippi… probably the one I would most want to cruise down would be the Colorado River. Could you imagine the breathtaking views along the way?
5. It’s the middle of the night and you can’t sleep…what do you do? Count sheep? Toss and turn? Watch television? Or do you get up and do something productive?
I usually get up and read, watch I Love Lucy or House Hunters International.
6. How important is keeping your cool?
Ehhhh. I am one of those people who can only take so much and then I blow a gasket. I think it is important in certain situations. I did once, however, almost lose my job over my temper. I was mad at my boss and walked back to my desk and threw a binder and he heard me. Little did I know, I should have RAN out the door instead of staying.
7. I’ve got white stuff on the brain so why not run with it? White lie, wave the white flag, white knuckle it, white wash a situation, or white as a sheet…which phrase could most recently apply to your own life in some way?
Hmmmm. I’d have to say white lie. But, I can’t share the details because then the person would know I told a white lie to them! It was someone at work… and no Mandy, it wasn’t to you…
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking at that picture of the Grand Canyon makes me want to go back. I visited the Grand Canyon for the first time right after my dad died. It was so beautiful and breathtaking. I want to take Don and the kids back so they can experience the wonder. Hopefully, some day.
Photo courtesy of the Grand Canyon National Park System and was used under the Creative Commons license. No changes were made to the photo. http://www.flickr.com/photos/grand_canyon_nps/.
Better not have been, Pinocchio lol
I’ve always wanted to take a float trip down the Colorado river…what fun! Like you, the Grand Canyon is one of the most amazing places I’ve ever been and I so badly want to go back!
A friend of mine was just at the Grand Canyon and has been posting the most spectacular pictures. I need a trip there too!
It is absolutely amazing!
You know who.
It would be spectacular!
wow i thought no.7 was for me! and no.8 will i be included in that trip?
As long as you promise to let me go potty by myself! 🙂