It’s hump day! And, May Day! Yeah! Unfortunately, it is the first day of the month… the day where all accountants question why they are accountants… Its time for Hodgepodge Wednesday… check out my answers, write up your own and join in on the fun. We’d love to have you!
1. This week’s Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What’s something you’ve done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?
Hmmmm. Uhhhhh. Let’s see…. Why is it easier to think of stuff that was hard? I guess I would have to say getting the kids’ shoes on Saturday. We actually walked into Stride Rite and NO ONE was there. Usually we go in and we have to wait forever to be helped.
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May …what is something you may do this month?
I may plant some flowers and my garden. My grandpa always said you had to wait until May 15th to plant to avoid frost in our area– he said covering plants was too much work. But, I usually wait until June 1st to plant, just to be sure. This year, in addition to the flowers I usually put out, Mo, Bo and I are putting in our first garden together. Can’t wait.
3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, “The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” How do you see it?
I definitely see it as a comedy. There are a lot of things in life that if you didn’t laugh, you would just cry. So, I try to take everything with a grain of salt and a huge dose of humor… it makes life much more fun. Life is definitely too short to feel like it is a tragedy.
4. May is National Hamburger Month…how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won’t be celebrating so tell us what you’d like instead?
I am definitely a “craft hamburger” person. The more unique the better… guacamole, jalapeno… whatever. I also eat my burgers medium. But, I’m not against a good veggie burger either.
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens…of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?
Definitely petunias. I usually don’t put actual pots out, but use hanging baskets instead. There is nothing like a couple of hanging baskets on a shepherd’s hook with petunias cascading out. I do the gardening at our house, the Hubs does the mowing. This year, Mo, Bo and I are putting in our first garden together. They are so excited. So far, we are planting tomatoes, onions, peppers, radishes (for the rabbits, they inform me), pumpkins, pop corn, and carrots. LOL. Should be fun.
6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout “Mayday, Mayday!”
Last night, I was making stuffed peppers. I took the dish out of the oven, sprinkled the cheese on top, turned on the broiler to melt the cheese, and proceeded to pick the pan up sans hot pads to put it back in the oven. I immediately dropped the dish and screamed and ran for the kitchen sink. I figuratively was saying, “Mayday.” But, it was more like the F word.
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Along the same theme of #6 and #7, this quote always makes me laugh:
Isn’t it appropriate that the month of the tax begins with April Fools Day and ends with cries of “May Day!” – Unknown