Wednesday Hodgepodge – Vol. 118
Happy Spring! It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge… I swear, this past week FLEW past. So, pull up a chair, and join in… we’d love to have you!
Hop on over to get the questions and then link up!
1. March 20th is the first day of spring…is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world?
Definitely a lion. The weather can’t decide if it wants one last chance at winter or if it is going to finally be spring. The kids are getting antsy for grandpa and daddy to build their new swing set.
2. What’s the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list? Do you have a ‘plan of attack’?
I don’t know if it is so much spring-cleaning, but I need to clean up the yard, get the burning bush trimmed, and get the garden ready. I don’t really have a plan of attack… just gotta find time to do it.
3. Peas…love ’em or hate ’em? What’s a favorite dish you make using peas?
Please pass the peas. Love them. I love peas and onions. Or, peas and carrots. I also put peas in my tuna casserole when I can get away with it.
4. Do you feel under appreciated?
Definitely. Especially at work.
5. Have you been using Google Reader? If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement? If not, how do you read your favorite blogs?
I am old-school, but new wave. LOL. Sorry, a little George Carlin humor. I don’t use Google Reader. I read my favorite blogs from links in my favorites bar or on my blog link list. I also visit blogs through blog hops.
6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” Agree or Disagree? Why?
I agree that the spring wouldn’t seem as nice without winter, nor would fall seem so nice without summer. And, prosperity means more in the face of adversity. So, yeah… I guess I agree. Having things not be perfect makes you appreciate the good stuff so much more.
7. When did you last ‘spring for something’? What was it?
Ummmm…. well….. Hey, honey, can you take out the trash right now?
A Coach purse.
Two weeks ago.
But, in my defense…. it was already 20% off and I got an additional 50% off— so, it was 70% off!
I got it for—- wait for it—- $75.
8. Insert your own random thought here?
I am so excited for the twins’ birthday this weekend. We are having their “Barbie and the Pink Shoes and Coin Mario” party on Saturday (Hey, I don’t ask… I just produce party decorations and decorated cakes.) We bought them a swing set for their birthday— a monstrosity wooden one with a TWO story play house. I might move in. They are so excited. We also started looking at preschools. I hate it though– especially since I used to teach pre-Kindergarten– I know I could do so much better teaching them than anything we have around our area. I am still going back and forth about it. I actually just signed up for the 30 day trial of abcmouse.com to check it out and help me make my decision. To make it worse– preschool is expensive, even for part-time. I am really not sure how I am going to swing it for two kids.
Hello!! Well happy birthday (early) to the twins. Sounds like a great party is planned!! And I totally forgot about the yard spring cleaning. UGH … still more leaves to rake and flower beds to clear. Finding the time is the hardest part.
Take Care! ~Sharon
Sounds like a fun party and neat swing set! Hope it goes well!
There are only 2 seasons in Canada – winter and construction. Winter must be over because I saw 3 construction crews while I was out this morning.
Sounds like a fun party! 🙂
And, that purse? I still don’t get how purses cost MORE than what you paid for them! at 75% off! Sigh if they weren’t so pretty…
Pretty Coach purse at a “reasonable” price? Fantastic.