Wednesday Hodgepodge-Vol. 117
Hump day! Which means its Wednesday Hodgepodge too… volume 117, lucky numbers! So, here’s the deal, you hop over to From This Side of the Pond and join on the fun!
1. Do you play games of luck/chance for money? Have you ever played bingo for money? Visited a casino? Placed a bet on a horse? Bought a lottery ticket?
It is rare I play anything for bets on money. I have never played bingo for money or gone to a casino. I have bought a lottery ticket or two. I think games for money like this are regressive taxes on the poor… so, I stay away from them on principle. However, I have been known to play a mean game of poker for candy though.
2. Will you be preparing and/or dining on the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal this St. Patrick’s Day? Mashed-baked-hash browned-french fried…your favorite way to have potatoes?
Unfortunately, no… the Hubs doesn’t like it. I will eat potatoes any way they can be made… even raw. My favorite though is mashed.
3. What’s the last thing you felt ‘green with envy’ over?
Hmmmm. I don’t know for sure. Probably other people’s blog designs. I am still searching for a blog design that screams “me”– and have yet to find it. It’s like my quest for the perfect purse… its never ending.
4. What’s at the end of your rainbow?
My kids. Oh, and a top fuel dragster with an unlimited budget for racing.
5. March 12th marks the anniversary of the death of Anne Frank (June 12, 1929-March, 1945). Anne’s diary detailing her time spent hiding from the Nazi’s during the war ranks as one of the best selling books of all time. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child or is journaling something new for you?
Nope. Just the blog. I used to have a diary when I was younger. Well, actually I had two… the “real” one and the one my mom would sneak and read. Of course, the “fake” one was a bunch of juicy lies. She was always telling my dad and he repeatedly told her I was messing with her. Don’t mess with me. LOL.
6. What’s an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow?
My scrapbooking paper stash.
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!! Just remember this is a family friendly blog…don’t make me get out my wooden spoon.
This mom really wants to take a nap
But has do a bunch of school crap
So, carry on she must,
without a fuss
Before she gets smacked upside the head with a map.
(Okay, that was really bad… hope my research paper goes smoother.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so tired today, I don’t even know what to talk about here. Usually, I look forward to being able to ramble a bit about whatever I want. But, not today… so, have a great rest of the week!
Best of luck with the research paper! Yeah…I often look at the cute way other people have designed their blogs and I get a little jealous, too.
I hope the research paper goes smoothly and you get a good rest!
I wish I’d read your blog when I was a teen! Not that my mother ever read my journal, but my brother did once. He opened it up to a dream, which I still write my dreams today, and he picked on me for a couple days about it. It wasn’t a scathing dream, but for Heaven’s sake, it was a dream! And he was a silly pre-teen boy. If I’d have thought abut writing a “for Dave’s snooping eyes only” journal…
LOL Julia! Love your hodgepodge answers. And I too feel like I am searching for a blog design and brand that represents me and my message. (I love your look and the pink). And your dragster ….
Get soon rest and hope all is well!! ~Sharon