I am so far behind, I just realized that we were on “summer vacation” for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Oops. So, to keep you all entertained I am reaching way back in the archives and pulling out an old Wednesday Hodgepodge for your reading enjoyment… just because I ‘got nuttin’ for today. If you want to join in the random weekly question fun, hop over to visit Joyce on Tuesday and grab the week’s questions and come hop with us!
Originally posted 5/29/2013:
1. What question do you often ask yourself?
“What was the thought process on that?” Someone asked me that once after I put purple and pink highlights in my hair and it kinda stuck. I always ask myself that when I do something stupid. And, of course, I ask it out loud. Don’t judge. You talk to yourself too.
2. Do you grow roses? What’s your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
I do not grow roses. The hubs is allergic to bees and I try to not grow anything that might attract them. My favorite rose is the ‘Betty Boop.’ I like the unique colors– not red or yellow. But, something different. I have been given a dozen roses by my dad, several times.
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their ‘use by’ date? Take medication that’s expired? Buy a dented can?
I do read the freshness dates. I will not use anything past its date. I even check both sides of my bread for mold even if it is still within its “good by” date. I will take expired medicine, but only if it is something like Tyenol or Advil. I won’t buy a dented can… nasty things could be growing in there.
4. Should athletes be role models?
Yes and no. I think there are a lot of other role models out there that should be given equal credit. Why does it always have to be athletes? Whether you like her or not, Hillary Clinton is a role model for today’s girls. Bill Gates. Anne Frank. Those individuals never get “credit” for being a role model, when those are the role models I would rather my kids idolize. Not athletes.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What’s something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
Wow. Ummmm. I don’t have any “lofty” dreams like climbing Mt. Everest. I would just like to get my M.S.A. and raise happy, productive, self-assured children that know they are loved unconditionally.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
Absolutely nothing. I would build an awesome cabin in the center of the land. I might plants some roses.
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
It depends if the kids are coming. If the kids are coming, it would be around 7:30. Its like moving a three-ring circus across country to get my kids out the door. If it is just me, right at 7. Okay, maybe a little after. I don’t want to be the first one there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Random thought. Random thought. I think someone should send me a dozen roses today. LOL. Just sayin’.