It’s Wednesday again… pull up a chair, get yourself some coffee or hot chocolate, and spend a few minutes reading the Wednesday Hodgepodge answers… and make sure you head over to From the Other Side of the Pond and read some more!
1. So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car?
Last summer, we took a little walk through some woods at the local reservoir with my father in law and mother in law. I can’t honestly tell you the last time I strolled on a beach per se… unless you count the little strip of sand at a local lake on Easter Sunday with the kids while we were feeding the ducks. Now, a drive going nowhere in particular… all the time. I love just hopping in the car and going for a ride… my dad used to call it “getting the stink blown off you.”
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive?
I am sending Christmas cards. I send about 20 of them. The hub’s family is HUGE. Everyone is getting a photo card with a picture of the kids sleeping and Santa putting gifts under the tree. My admins at work get store-bought cards and then my best friends– Jan and Dee– get handmade cards. We hang them on the attic door in the hallway to display the ones we receive.
3. What’s a word you’ve heard too much of in the past week?
It’s not a word, but a phrase…. it seems like all of a sudden every one is saying “winner, winner, chicken dinner.” I have heard it at work. I have heard it at home. I just want to throw a raw chicken in their faces. (Well, the people at work… not my hubs and kids.)
4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
Definitely! I like flavored cocoa… especially french vanilla or peppermint. It depends on the mood I am in if I do marshmallows or not… well, that and if we have them. LOL.
5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
Take the kids to go see Christmas lights. They get so excited– especially when they “dance” to music. We also watch them on You Tube too.
6. Besides jewelry, what’s a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
Hmmmm… I would have to say at this moment, it is my newest addition to my nativity collection. I bought it at the Christmas store in Berlin. It made out of sandstone, but the accents and clothes are glittered in gold. Even the spots on the cow are glittered. Its so beautiful. I think it might be my second favorite. My first favorite is my Amish nativity.
7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
*Sorry– had to do it.*
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I honestly cannot believe we are so close to Christmas… where in the world did the time go? The kids are super-excited and I can’t wait either. This will be the first Christmas that I think they “get” it and understand what is going on! I can’t wait until Mo opens her dollhouse and Bo opens his big robot dinosaur thingy. It’s going to be so much fun!