It’s Wednesday and that means it is Wednesday Hodgepodge time! This is one of my favorite posts of the week… its fun reading everyone’s answers and seeing what crazy questions we have! Well, that, and by Wednesday it is nice to have a blog post pretty much written that doesn’t require anything crazy. If you haven’t linked up and joined us, we’d love to have you. Just hop over to Joyce’s blog and get the questions, answer them on your own blog and link up! Its loads of fun!
1. It’s still May, right? When were you last in the middle of something that might be described as mayhem?
I would have to say it was when Mo hit Bo in the face with the My Little Pony while in Nana’s car. I looked back and Bo’s face was covered with blood. I looked at it and realized he needed stitches. I couldn’t find anything to hold against it to stop the bleeding. Finally, I found some napkins in the console. Mo was screaming, Bo was crying, Mommy was freaking.
2. When did you last feel dismayed?
When Don was diagnosed with colon cancer.
3. What’s a food combination you like, but other people may find strange?
Peaches and cheese. It has to be canned peaches with shredded, cheddar cheese on top. Yum.
4. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” Do you think that’s true? Why or why not?
Absolutely. Every day is the first day of the rest of your life. You can make it or change it to be whatever you want it to be.
5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmond VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA.
Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person?
I seriously have never been to any of those places. LOL. I would like to visit Washington, DC and Yellowstone.
6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose?
7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up?
It was safe. I could run around town and my parents didn’t have to worry about me. Not anymore. Times have changed. The world has changed. (Kinda heavy for a Wednesday, huh?)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
On the way to where I swap kids with Nana this morning, the kids and I were playing a game where we go around and each take turns saying our favorite foods. We get to Bo, and he says “pears.” I asked him, “Pears?” He replied yes. I said, “You’ve never eaten a pear in your life.” At the same time, Mo and Bo replied, “At Nana’s we do, all the time.” Guess this momma needs to be buying some pears. Wonder what else they eat that I don’t know about?