There is nothing better than Vidalia Onion and Peach Salsa with pretzels. I first tried this lovely, sweet salsa in Amish Country. I fell in love. I actually called and ordered a case of it from Kauffman’s Bakery a week later. I had to recreate this deliciousness. Definitely, one of my favorite salsas… and, it is perfect on chips, salsa, veggies, tacos, chicken, fish…
Vidalia Onion and Peach Salsa
- 1 large Vidalia onion peeled and quartered
- 3 Tablespoons jalapeno slices
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and quartered
- 1-11 ounce can sliced peaches drained
- 1-11 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1-11 ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- to taste Cilantro optional
- Place onion, jalapeno, and bell pepper in food processor.
- Pulse until vegetables are chopped. Add peaches and pulse until incorporated.
- Pour ingredients into large bowl. Mix in tomatoes, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, spices, and cilantro (if using). Stir to incorporate.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before eating.