Toxin Freedom Fighters Need Your Help
The Toxin Freedom Fighters are on a mission. A mission to take toxic chemicals out of cleaning products. A mission to make Congress and lawmaker stop and listen – there are safe alternatives to toxic chemicals! It is time for Congress to stop and smell the botanicals! The Toxin Freedom Fighters are taking a stand against toxins.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 300 toxic chemicals are showing up in umbilical cords. These toxins can interfere with prenatal development, affect the nervous system, interfere with brain development, and cause lower IQs. And, this is just the toxins showing up in the umbilical cords! These bad toxins have also been linked to asthma, birth defects, and cancer!
But… we don’t need these toxins in cleaning products!
There are safe alternatives that work as well (or better) than the toxins we are using today! In fact, Seventh Generation has been using green chemistry and plant-based ingredients for over 25 years!
This is one of those cases where it is better to be safe than sorry, don’t you think? Would you knowingly put your unborn baby and family at risk for a cleaning product? The Toxin Freedom Fighters are making a stand – a stand to make Congress take a time-out and address our concerns about these scary chemicals! Those scary chemicals that are in our homes and our bodies.
If that isn’t enough to make you want to sign the petition… consider this:
- The Toxic Substances Control Act was passed in 1976 and has never been updated – that was 38 years ago
- Over 62,000 chemicals were “grandfathered” in when the Act was signed
- Chemicals used to make products sold in the United States are not regulated or tested for safety
- Over 80,000 chemicals are currently available for use
- 20,000 chemicals have been added to the “safe” list since 1976
- The EPA has required very few of these chemicals to be tested on their impact to human health and the environment
I encourage you to head over to FightToxins.com and sign the petition. Don and I did. Help the Toxin Freedom Fighters and others make Congress listen.
Become a Toxin Freedom Fighter! Stand up for safer chemicals!
For more information about the reform of the Toxic Substances Control Act, please click here.
Disclosure: This was a compensated post to encourage readers to sign the Fight Toxins petition. However, this post contains my personal opinions and views and would have been shared without compensation.