I thought I would do something fun today, instead of Simple Sunday. Really, it’s because I couldn’t think of anything and I have Thanksgiving on the brain. So, I decided to make a list of my all-time favorite Thanksgiving dishes.. and then throw it out to my readers. So, here it goes…
- Mashed potatoes and gravy. I am a HUGE mashed potato fan.
- Noodles. We always would have noodles at Thanksgiving. I was actually shocked to find out other families didn’t!
- Green bean casserole. Enough said.
- Sweet potato souffle. This is a rather new edition to Thanksgiving. You can get the recipe here.
- Pumpkin pie with a HUGE dollop of whip cream.
- Homemade stuffing
- Turkey, of course! Not my favorite thing though!
- Rolls with strawberry jam. We always had rolls at my grandpa’s house with strawberry jam he canned himself. Yummy.
- Macaroni and cheese. Another addition that other families don’t have.
- Applesauce. I always remember my grandma making me applesauce with cinnamon sprinkled on top.
And, these days, we have Thanksgiving on the Saturday after. On actual Thanksgiving, we have BBQ spareribs and Cowboy Casserole. We started doing that when the kids were babies… and I think it is a tradition we will carry on.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Does your family have something out-of-the-ordinary?