Happy Tuesday! Fettuccine is the strangest words to spell. It doesn’t look right… but I checked it in the dictionary (yes, an actual dictionary) as well as online. So, if it is wrong, I apologize. Today, I am sharing my quick and easy recipe for tomato pesto fettuccine. You could easily switch out the type of pasta for whatever you have on hand. You could also use regular pesto instead of tomato pesto. My family is blissfully unaware as to what pesto is exactly, so I like using tomato pesto because it is more “natural” colored. (Ignore everything I just said kids… it’s just tomato sauce. Really.) This delicious tomato pesto fettuccine recipe is perfect for an easy, weeknight meal. Enjoy!
Tomato Pesto Fettuccine
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 jar tomato pesto
- 1 can tomato sauce omit if using regular pesto
- 1 can diced Italian-seasoned tomatoes drained
- 1 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil crushed
- Cook fettuccine per package instructions. Drain.
- Add pesto, tomatoes and dried basil. Stir to incorporate.
- If sauce seems thick or not enough to coat pasta, add tomato sauce a few spoons at a time until desired consistency is achieved. (If using regular pesto, add a bit of olive oil.)
- Allow to heat over low heat approximately 8 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese prior to serving.