My tomato and spinach pasta that I am sharing today was one of those creation recipes. I wanted pasta and wanted to put some spinach in it, along with turkey… and this delicious recipe is what came out of it. If you aren’t a big spinach fan, leave it out or only put half in. Even Mo liked it! Make sure you check out the other recipes linked up for Tickle My Tastebuds!
Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- 1 box penne pasta (or pasta of your choice
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 box frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sugar if needed
- Boil pasta according to package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey and onions until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add both cans of crushed tomatoes and the diced tomatoes.
- Add all seasonings except sugar. Taste sauce. Tweak with sugar or additional seasonings to taste.
- Add pasta back to sauce and stir to combine.
- Add small amounts of spinach to pasta, stirring to combine, until all spinach is added.
- Serve hot.