I always try to include fish in my diet, but I never know what to do with it to make it appetizing. I had seen a recipe for some olive salsa and thought I could create a tilapia with olive salsa dish that could be quick and healthy. Tilapia with Olive Salsa tastes so heavenly, you will forget you are eating healthy. You can have it on the table in less than 20 minutes, yet it is fancy enough to be served at a dinner party or for a special occasion.
Tilapia with Olive Salsa
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 12 pimento-stuffed olives quartered
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2-3 green onions sliced thinly
- 2-3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2-3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 4 tilapia fillets approximately 6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium nonstick skillet, over medium heat, combine onion and green onions. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and olives. Stir and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and dried parsley. Stir to incorporate.
- Remove salsa from pan and place in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and stir. Set aside.
- Using a paper towel, wipe skillet clean.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Add tilapia fillets to skillet. Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes. While cooking, gently push fillets around skillet a bit to keep from sticking.
- Turn the fillets over.
- Sprinkle second side with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Fish should not be overcooked. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
-Nutrition was calculated with My Fitness Pal's recipe calculator and is provided as guidance only. Please recalculate using your specific ingredients.