I love Mexican food, but it seems like most of it is just filled with cheese and grease and not very healthy. I created these Three Bean Burritos to be a healthy alternative bean burritos using refried beans and who knows what else. In fact, Don said he liked these more than the bean burritos with refried beans in them… win for me!
- 1 can red chili beans with sauce, undrained
- 1 can Northern OR pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4-5 stalks green onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons ground chipotle peppers OR chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 burrito-sized tortilla shells
- Over medium heat, saute onion in large skillet until tender crisp.
- Add the beans and stir in the seasonings. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and allow beans to simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Immediately before serving, stir in green onions.
- Spoon into tortillas. Add desired toppings and fashion into burritos.
The best part of this delicious recipes is you can mix up the beans and use varieties that your family enjoys. You can also add the toppings you like – tomatoes, fresh onion, jalapenos, sour cream, cheese, etc.!
Tags: Easy Recipes, Main Dishes, Recipes