I have never participated in the Things I Learned This Week blog hop, but I thought I would this week. After the craziness of last week– it made me appreciate what I have and who I have in my life. Sometimes, things need to go wrong to remind you to be grateful. And, while things are still rough and will be for awhile. I am grateful for my friends that have been there– both in person and online— and you know who you are.
- Nurses are angels in disguise. I had some so-so nurses after my c-section, but while the Hubs was in the hospital he had some amazing ones. Absolutely, positively amazing. Not only did they take great care of him, they took care of me as well.
- It is a very very small world sometimes. The Hub’s last nurse happened to graduate from the same high school that we did. She graduated a year before my brother would have. I asked her if she knew my brother and she turned to me and said, “Oh my God. I haven’t thought about him in years.” Come to find out, they were in track together and Jeff taught her how to high jump.
- Sometimes, when the going gets tough, the tough needs to buy a purse. On one particularly bad day– the Hubs was taken to ICU for breathing problems– I went down to grab something to eat in the cafeteria and there was a benefit sale. I bought a purse. And a ring. And Steelers earrings. And OSU earrings. I felt a little better.
- Trolls don’t do your work when you aren’t at work. They should.
- When things get crazy, you find out who your true friends really are. I found this out when my brother died. And, was just reminded when the Hubs got sick and had emergency surgery. True friends will stick with you through thick and thin. True friends care about you– whether they have ever met you in person or not.