Who doesn’t love meatloaf? The best part about meatloaf is that you can make it different with just a few tweaks and have a completely different meal. I’ve shared mini meatloaves on the blog before, but I wanted to come up with a “Tex-Mex” version for something different… here is my twist on Tex Mex Mini Turkey Meatloaves. Enjoy!
Tex Mex Mini Turkey Meatloaves
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies drained and divided
- 1 can tomato sauce divided
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Diced onions and peppers optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Mix turkey, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, 1/2 cup tomatoes, and taco seasoning together. If desired, mix in diced onions and peppers also.
- Form into 12 even balls, approximately 1/4 cup each. Place in muffin pan cups.
- Top each meatloaf with approximately 1 to 2 Tablespoons of tomato sauce and 1 Tablespoon of diced tomatoes. Sprinkle meatloaves evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until browned and no longer pink inside.