Tasty Tuesday: SOBs
Okay, so there is a story behind this delicious sandwich. The March after my dad died, Nana and I went to Phoenix for Spring Training. Part of the deal was, I would suffer through a baseball game if we got to go to Route 66 and the Grand Canyon. We arrived in Williams, Arizona to a snow storm. The only place that was open was this diner– the Route 66 Diner. We stopped in to get something to eat.
On the menu, was the normal diner fare– cheeseburgers, patty melts, etc. And, SOBs. An SOB is a roast beef sandwich with Swiss cheese, on a bun or croissant, with TONS of jalapenos and ranch dressing. I asked our waitress why they were called SOBs and she said they were so hot that when you bite into them you say “Son of a…” I loved it.
When we got home, I immediately made them for the Hubs and we have been eating them every since!
- 1 pound deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 jar hot jalapenos
- Ranch dressing, to taste
- 4 large croissants or sandwich buns
- In large skillet, heat roast beef slices over medium-low heat until juices start to run out.
- Separate into 4 piles and top with as many jalapenos as you can stand.
- Top jalapenos with Swiss cheese and remove from heat.
- Allow meat and cheese to sit a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Spread ranch dressing on both sides of your bun or croissant, and top with meat mixture.
Your SOB sandwich looks amazing! We would love to have you share it at our Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party. We also just launched our new sister blog site in January. It is called myrecipemagic.com. You can submit recipes and make money from them. We are so excited about it! We hope you’ll drop by and check it out! -The Six Sisters
This looks delicious. We would like to invite you to share it at our party that goes live tonight: thebusybhive.blogspot.com
Hope to see you there!
The Busy Bee’s
Myrna and Joye.
could u please put the nutritional facts on your recipes love them .I use them at my job but I need the calories to satisfy the health people
Done! I’ll try to remember each week!