Tasty Tuesday: Quick Salsa
I love salsa– on tortilla chips, tacos, pretzels, eggs, even with chunks of cheese. Seriously, I think I could eat salsa at every meal. I get tired of the boring salsa at the store– I can never find one that tastes the way I want it to on a particular day. So, I decided to experiment. The recipe below is yours– tweak it to your liking. Some days I dump in an entire jar of jalapenos, other days I omit the green pepper– it’s completely up to your tastes. The only suggestion I do have it to definitely make sure you add the sugar to break down the tomatoes and refrigerate it. It’s better after it sits for awhile and chills. (Okay, not saying I don’t take several tastes prior to chilling it…) Enjoy!
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can jalapeno rings
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and chunked
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- cilantro, to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 Tbs white sugar
- In a food processor, pour diced tomatoes with approximately a quarter of the juice of one can; pulse for 5 seconds
- Add green pepper and onion; pulse until chopped up.
- Add jalapeno rings and some of the juice, if desired; pulse for 5 seconds.
- Pour salsa into a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir to combine well.
- Squeeze the juice of a 1/2 lemon into the bowl; Stir.
- Tear cilantro leaves from the stems and stir into bowl.
- Place in refrigerator at least 2 hours to chill and for the flavors to combine.
Oh yeah! I love Salsa with tortilla chips. YUM!
Hi Lovely, found you from Crafty Spices Link Up. Followed you via Twitter & FB.
Feel free to visit, follow and leave me comments @ http://www.revampspunkyrena.com