As fast as you can fry up some ground beef or ground turkey… you can have this quick and yummy sandwich on the table. Throw it together with some green beans and call it a meal. Easy peasy and yummy. You can make these healthier by choosing ground turkey or lean ground sirloin and low fat cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef OR ground turkey
- 1 jar Pizza Quik or similar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- In large skillet, brown ground beef or ground turkey until no longer pink.
- Drain meat well.
- Stir in seasonings, mix well.
- Slowly pour in pizza sauce– you want the sauce to just coat the meat and begin to become a little “sloppy”– it will only take approximately half the can.
- Spoon pizza meat mixture onto bottom buns.
- Top each sandwich with 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Finish with remaining buns.