This is an easy chicken cacciatore recipe. Oh-so-delicious. Herbs, tomatoes and chicken. I have also made this one just in a large skillet, using cut up pieces of chicken and then simmering everything together. You can’t go wrong with this one!
Recipe Type: Main Dish
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups noodles, rice or potatoes
- Place chicken in heavy pan or skillet.
- Combine ingredients, except potatoes/rice/noodles.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour over medium-low heat.
- Uncover last 15 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.
Linking up today: Tea on Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.