Tasty Tuesday: Cajun Stir Fry
This past weekend was not fun at our house. The Hubs came down with the flu Thursday afternoon. The kids and I didn’t get to go to his work to each lunch with him because he stayed home Friday. I had a research paper due that took much longer than expected. It was a weekend of fast food and no cleaning, to say the least.
Today, I am sharing a recipe that is a go-to staple in our house called Cajun Stir Fry. Unfortunately, with the creepy crud and craziness, I didn’t get a chance to make this and take a picture. By default, this recipe is not spicy… but, you can make it as spicy as you want by adding hot sauce or cayenne seasoning in it before serving. Enjoy!
- 1 package reduced fat turkey kielbasa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each– green pepper, red pepper and yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1 box spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- Tabasco sauce and/or seasonings, if desired
- In a skillet, saute kielbasa, onion, garlic and peppers, in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes (undrained) and mushrooms (drained) to skillet.
- Stir to combine and continue cooking until heated through.
- Add hot sauce or other seasonings, if desired.
- Serve on top of cooked spaghetti.
Sounds wonderful! I love cajun!