It’s Taco Tuesday today but if you are tired of tacos, then check out our easy Taco Spaghetti for a fun twist. This recipe combines normal taco flavors with the spaghetti that creates an amazing flavor – no shells required. If you would like a bit more kick, add some jalapenos and a couple dashes of hot sauce. Feel free to finish the dish off with a dollop of sour cream or any other taco toppings you like!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef OR ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can diced green chiles undrained
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Taco toppings jalapenos, sour cream, tomatoes, etc., if desired
- Brown ground beef (or turkey) with onion in medium skillet over medium-high heat, breaking meat apart with spoon.
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti per package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain any grease from ground beef mixture; add taco seasonings and water as per package instructions.
- When spaghetti is al dente, drain and return to pot.
- Combine beef mixture, undrained tomatoes, undrained chiles, crushed tomatoes, garlic salt and pepper together. Stir well.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until heated through.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese.