It’s Taco Tuesday today but if you are tired of tacos, then check out our easy Taco Spaghetti for a fun twist. This recipe combines normal taco flavors with the spaghetti that creates an amazing flavor – no shells required. If you would like a bit more kick, add some jalapenos and a couple dashes of hot sauce. Feel free to finish the dish off with a dollop of sour cream or any other taco toppings you like!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef OR ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can diced green chiles undrained
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Taco toppings jalapenos, sour cream, tomatoes, etc., if desired
Brown ground beef (or turkey) with onion in medium skillet over medium-high heat, breaking meat apart with spoon.
Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti per package directions, omitting salt.
Drain any grease from ground beef mixture; add taco seasonings and water as per package instructions.
When spaghetti is al dente, drain and return to pot.
Combine beef mixture, undrained tomatoes, undrained chiles, crushed tomatoes, garlic salt and pepper together. Stir well.
Cook for 5-6 minutes until heated through.
Serve topped with shredded cheese.