Swiss cheese rosti potatoes is one of my favorite Swiss recipes. Whenever we go to Amish country, we always stop at the Chalet in the Valley for a meal – and the first thing I order is Swiss cheese rosti to go with my schnitzel. But, trust me… you can make it at home easy and quickly… without a trip to Switzerland! Of course, my Swiss ancestors are probably spinning in their graves… but, oh well.
- 1 carton Hungry Jack Black Pepper & Onion shredded potatoes
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 ounces crumbled bacon
- 2 Tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Add water to fill line of potato carton. Let sit for 12-15 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Make 4 cake-like shapes with the hash browns.
- Top hash brown cakes with bacon.
- Add olive oil to skillet. Cook patty for 5-6 minutes and flip.
- Continue cooking on second side for 5-6 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
- Season patties with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Top each patty with Swiss cheese and allow to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Tags: Easy Recipes, Recipes, Side Dishes