Sunset at the Grand Canyon and Laundry
What day is it? It’s HUMP DAY! And in my world, that means its Wordless Wednesday and Hodgepodge time! This week’s questions are about peaches, sunsets, and chores. What a mixture! Have you ever seen the sunset at the Grand Canyon? Simply breathtaking.
1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week…what’s one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
The operative word is COULD do… I probably won’t. I would love to simplfy and organize my scrapbook and card making supplies… and *gasp* perhaps even move it down stairs to my crafting area.
2. It’s also National Peach Month…peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What’s your peach pleasure?
Definitely, Vidalia Onion and Peach Salsa please.
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, “Do one thing every day that scares you.” Agree or disagree…explain.
Totally agree. That is how you succeed. You can’t live in a perfect little box and not stretch yourself into the unknown. On the way to work, there is a Church whose sign this week reads, “Don’t fear the unknown, be curious.” You have to do things that scare you to become a better person.
4. What’s your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one.
Well, crap. I actually don’t mind doing laundry– it gives me a few minutes peace in the basement coolness.
5. Fodors recently listed (what they’ve dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha’s Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you’ve ever seen?
Oh my. Definitely Santa Monica Pier in California. I have seen the sunset at Hermit’s Rest which is just a little bit past Hopi Point at the Grand Canyon. That was probably the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen.
6. What’s your favorite or most used app? If you don’t use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
Pinterest. I think I am on the Pinterest app all the time. I hate to say this, but my most visited website is mine… I check in several times a day to make sure it is up and running and to read my comments people have left.
7. We’ve recently passed the halfway mark for 2013…write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
Holy shit, it has been a rough one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My little babies are starting preschool in September. We got the letter last night from their teacher. I swear, I just brought them home from the hospital… and now I am shipping them off to school. I am so sad and excited for them. I just want to cry.
southern California has so many wonderful sunsets…I miss it…
enjoy some rest time while the twins are in school; you deserve it
I enjoyed reading your answers today. Onion and peach salsa? That’s a new one. I’ll have to check it out. I’m also the mother of twins and I remember that day. I cried. Now my baby girls are 43 yrs. old. Time flies way too fast.