Since Valentine’s Day is on Saturday, you might be considering breakfast in bed for your sweetie. Check out my healthy strawberry crepes! These would be perfect for breakfast or brunch and taste amazing! So, fire up the skillet and surprise your honey in bed. Clothing optional.
Healthy Strawberry Crepes
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry fruit spread spreadable fruit
- 1 carton strawberries cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Chocolate candy optional
- Combine milk, egg substitute, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt; Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare a small skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour 2-4 Tablespoons of batter into skillet. Tilt skillet until bottom is thinly coated.
- Allow to cook without disturbing, until top appears dry; Carefully flip crepe and allow to cook an additional 20-30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and keep warm. Continue with remaining batter, using cooking spray as needed.
- Spread each crepe with 2-3 teaspoons of spreadable fruit. Top with chopped strawberries.
- Roll up and plate with seam side down.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with extra strawberries and chocolate, if desired.
Nutrition calculation is for information only. Please recalculate with your specific ingredients.