Well, after two glorious days off, I am back to the grind at work. Okay, who am I kidding… I am back to work to get a break. Why is taking 4 year olds on vacation (or anywhere, for that matter) such hard work?! It’s Wednesday, which means it’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time! This week, read up on strangers and cake, when I felt like a grownup, and what I learned from my grandparents.
1. What’s the best thing about growing older?
I used to think it was staying up late and not having a bed time, but now that I am an adult I am usually exhausted and in bed by 10 anyways.
2. When did you first feel like a grown up?
Actually, it was this weekend. We bought our first set of furniture new. We’ve always had hand-me-downs. Okay, truthfully, some days I still don’t feel like a grownup.
3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?
Yes. Oh, wait, do we have to pick one? I’d have to say chocolate cake with white icing.
4. What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
I would have to say it was when I had taken the twins to Babies R Us by myself when they were 6 weeks old. (Stupid, I know.) I was struggling to get the kids into the bathroom so I could go and then change their diapers and another mom was walking in and offered to help carry one of the car seats– I would have had to struggle with both at the same time, if it wasn’t for her helping.
5. What’s something you learned from your grandparents?
How to make homemade pizza and how to do wood work.
6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11…what’s something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?
The way I keep peace in our house is to avoid the news at all costs. I don’t want the kids to get scared or upset by the things they see on TV, so we avoid the news until they go to bed.
7. Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace.
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” ~Jimi Hendrix
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This weekend is BloggyCon at Cedar Point and I am so looking forward to it. I am the DIY Bloggy Squad Leader and I am so excited! The Hubs is going with me and we are leaving the kids with Nana, Grandpa and Yia-Yia. I am so looking forward to having some fun goofying around and hanging out at Cedar Point. If you have never gone to BloggyCon, I highly recommend it. Last year was my first year, and I will go back every year. I learned so much about blogging! I started a Google+ community for DIY bloggers. If you would like to join (you don’t have to be going to BloggyCon), please click here!