Miss Mo wanted to make cards last night, so I whipped together this quick card for St. Patrick’s Day. You could easily use this for a birthday card or another holiday by changing the embellishment on the front. Enjoy!
- 5.5″ x 8.5″ card stock
- 5.25″ x 4″ printed paper
- 3″ x 3″ coordinating paper
- 2.5″ x 2.5″ coordinating paper
- Baker’s twine, embroidery floss, or thin ribbon to coordinate
- 3 jewels or gems
- 4 pop-dots
- Paper cutter
- Stamping sponge (optional)
- Sentiment stamp
- Coordinating ink pad (optional)
- Fold 5.5″ x 8.5″ card stock in half; crease well
- Sponge edges of the card with ink, if desired
- Adhere 5.25″ x 4″ printed paper to front of card
- Adhere 2.5″ x 2.5″ square to center of 3″ x 3″ square
- Attach embellishment to center of smaller square combination
- Wrap the bakers twine or ribbon around small square combination; Knot and then tie a bow. Trim ends.
- Pop dot small square combo to center of card.
- Adhere three gems to lower left of card.
- Stamp sentiment inside, if desired
Note: The embellishment I used was actually a sticky-backed felt shape that I found in the $1.00 bin at Joann’s…. be creative and look outside the box!