Oh my! Did you think I was lost in cyber space? I’ve been one busy accountant. But, I am here today and sharing my delicious Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches. These aren’t too spicy, they just have a “kick” to them. But, you could easily make these with a different mix of spices to create a taste more to your level of heat. This an easy way to doctor up a piece of chicken into something fabulous!
Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
- 8 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins OR 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 Tablespoons prepared honey mustard
- 1 cup water divided
- 4 buns
- Over medium-high heat, cook the chicken tenderloins for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- If chicken begins to cook too quickly, add a few Tablespoons of water to assist in cooking.
- Continue cooking chicken until juices run clear.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of honey mustard on top of the chicken. Season with half measurements of the spices. Flip chicken over and repeat the mustard and seasonings.
- Continue to cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes for the mustard to caramelize on the chicken.
- Place two chicken tenderloins on each bun and enjoy.