Today’s recipe for southwest pizza is a quick and hearty meal for busy nights. If you know you will be short on time, you can throw the chicken in the crockpot in the morning and for dinner, all you have to do is chop it up and make your pizza. It is as simple as that! This is also our 7th Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday! How exciting!
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust preferably homemade
- 1 pound cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 jar salsa chunky-style
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 large can sliced black olives
- 1 to mato diced
- 2-3 green onion stalks sliced thinly
- Low- fat sour cream optional
- Bake pizza crust for 1/2 the time on the package.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and green pepper in non-stick skillet. Add corn and chicken. Continue cooking for 4-5 minutes. Add taco seasoning and water per packet instructions.
- Remove pizza from oven. Spread refried beans on crust.
- Top beans with salsa. (Use a spoon to reduce amount of liquid - you don't want a soggy pizza!)
- Spread chicken and onion mixture on top of salsa.
- Top with cheese and black olives.
- Return to oven to bake for additional time needed per package.
- Top with tomatoes and green onions.
- Garnish with sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition calculated as guidance only. Please recalculated based on your specific ingredients.