Selfies and Christmas Cards
Selfies and Christmas Cards? Must mean its Wednesday… It’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time. Read on to find out when I take selfies, if I sent Christmas cards and what song is stuck in my head. (I hope it doesn’t get stuck in yours.) Come join us for the Wednesday Hodgepodge… its a lot of fun!
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is ‘selfie’. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
What is the new thing about selfies? I know there was a big brouhaha about some lady taking a picture of herself days after giving birth and looking like a runway model. Okay… seriously, I was lucky to get out of bed days after giving birth, but I digress. Nana (Mom) and I have been taking selfies for years… long before they were cool. We usually take them when we are at an event or out to dinner or something like that. I usually end up saving them and then scrapbooking them on a layout of all the different stuff we have done recently. Though, I definitely love to be BEHIND the camera.
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
I used to send cards to everyone and their brother, but now only a few select few get them… and they are usually are pics of the kids.
3. Do you trust easily?
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)…of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
Definitely Vanilla/Sugar Cookie.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
It was about 50-50. It was a bad close for me at work – so, there was a lot of going back in forth with my controller. But, he’s cool so it was fun bantering with him.
6. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it’s back there now : )
Third Rock from the Sun by Joe Diffie. I was listening to it last night on my phone… and the chorus got stuck. lol.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
Lewis and Clark. I would have loved to explore the beauty of the West before it was overrun by settlers.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so super excited for the upcoming blog change… a new name, a new look… I want to just “go live” right now, but I want to make sure everything is perfect before I do. I want to share a sneak peek with my readers, but I am going to be a good and wait… maybe.
A blog makeover! How fun! Can’t wait to see the new look!
This year I’m going to send New Year’s cards – mostly because I forgot to take a group photo last month when I was visiting the kids and grandchildren. I will have to wait until we go visit again in a few weeks to take the picture. Or, I could just everyone to send me a selfie…
That is kinda cool… makes it almost more meaningful because it is after Christmas and you aren’t doing it just because you “have” to.
I know. I am so excited.
Selfies to use for scrapbooking is a great idea! I have a box that I keep adding to in hopes of scrapbooking someday 😉