I love paninis, especially since I now have a panini maker. We have made several different kinds, but this was a new creation I threw together – Pizza Panini! Yum! The sky is the limit on this one. Whatever topping you would put on a pizza, you can top on this delicious sandwich and enjoy. This would be a perfect – and healthier – alternative to pizza.
Hey bloggers… make sure you check out my FREE 2015 Blog Planner while you are here!
- 4 thinly sliced Sourdough bread
- Toppings as desired (i.e. pepperoni, sauce, mushrooms, ham, etc).
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat panini maker per manufacturer's instructions.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread
- Place the first slice, butter side down, on the panini plate.
- Layer 1/8 cup of shredded cheese evenly on bread.
- Top with sauce and toppings.
- Layer another 1/8 cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Place second slice of bread on top, butter side up.
- Close panini machine and cook until desired bread crispness.
- Repeat for second sandwich.