Happy Tuesday! Today’s recipe is a twist on a kabob recipe that I found in an old cookbook of mine. This delicious recipe for pizza chicken gives you the pizza taste without all the carbs. Chicken, cheese, and veggies… how can you go wrong? It’s also the 18th week of Tickle My Tastebuds! Can you believe it? I want to send a shout-out to all my co-hostesses! Make sure you stop by their blogs and show them a little love on social media!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper roughly diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a baking dish prepared with cooking spray. Drizzle with Italian dressing and season with Italian seasoning.
- Bake chicken in 425 degree oven until juices run clear, approximately 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute green peppers and mushrooms in olive oil until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove chicken from oven and drain any juices in bottom of dish. Turn off oven.
- Top chicken with sauteed peppers and mushrooms.
- Spread sauce evenly over top of each chicken breast, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Top each chicken breast with Mozzarella cheese evenly.
- Return to warm oven for 5-6 minutes to allow cheese to melt.