Philly cheese steak stuffed peppers– the best of both worlds. I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try. The original recipe came from Peace Love and Low Carb. Of course, it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t doctor it up a a bit… so, here’s my version. Enjoy.
- 8 oz. thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices thin-sliced Provolone cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 6 oz. mushrooms
- Spray oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Wash peppers. Slice in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds.
- Slice onions and separate onions into rings. Saute onions, garlic and salt and pepper over medium heat with spray oil in a non-stick pan. Saute until onions and mushroom caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes
- Line the inside of each pepper with one slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture. They will be mounded over with the meat mixture.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.