Mmmm… peanut butter cookies. Most of us in the northeast are trying to keep ourselves warm and digging out of the latest winter weather. Almost all the schools are closed and some businesses. But, what are you going to do to entertain your kids today? How about making some peanut butter cookies?! The benefits are two-fold – it can entertain the kids AND warm up your kitchen. Just sayin’
Peanut butter cookies are a quick and easy recipe that can be made “plain” or “fancy” with the addition of chocolate chips, chocolate kisses, or any other type of candy you can think of. So, get baking…
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar, plus additional for dusting
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Candies or chips if desired
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Fold in chips, if desired.
- Shape level tablespoonfuls into balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and 'dust' with sugar.
- Add additional candies, if desired.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks.