There is nothing I love more than zucchini, especially garden-fresh zucchini. Usually, I just saute it with some onions and garlic and chow down. This time, however, I thought I wanted to come up with something similar to the fried zucchini you get in Chinese restaurants. This is what I came up with… super delicious. Now, I just need to come up with some sort of dipping sauce and I will be set. The best part is… they aren’t fried, they are baked! You can’t beat that!
Oven Fried Zucchini
- 1 large zucchini sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a baking sheet with baking spray.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg and egg white together. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Dip each zucchini round into the egg mixture, allow to drip the excess off and then dip into the breadcrumb mixture on both sides (Note: pressing each side into the breadcrumbs helps coat the zucchini easier.)
- Place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition calculated for guidance only. Please recalculate with your specific ingredients.