The hardest thing about eating healthy is when I get a hankering for Chinese or Mexican. I threw this orange beef and broccoli together the other night and it is definitely a keeper! Much healthier for you than Chinese takeout… I think it even tastes better. Orange beef and broccoli is so quick and easy, you can have it on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Orange Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb flank steak chunked into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 package "steamer"-style broccoli
- 1 jar orange marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce OR amino acid
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Steam broccoli in microwave per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil and begin to saute steak.
- When steak is just no longer pink, add onions and garlic. Continue sauteing until onions are tender-crisp.
- Sprinkle steak mixture with flour and stir to coat. Add beef broth and soy sauce and continue to stir over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add orange marmalade and stir to incorporate.
- Add broccoli and stir until sauce is distributed and is heated through (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and toss with green onions.
- Serve over brown rice.