Happy Monday! Today’s Monday Manifest is things September. September always makes me happy because it means fall is almost here – my favorite season of them all! Football, bonfires, jeans, leaves changing, Halloween… I love it. September also makes me sad because it was the month my brother was killed, though… so it is bittersweet at times. For this last Monday Manifest in August, I give you Things September…
Monday Manifest: Things September
- Back to school – I never realized how worn out summer makes parents. I have been waiting impatiently for the kids to go back to school, but because of remodeling the school it has been pushed back until mid-September. (Why didn’t that ever happen when I was in school?!) I am ready for them to go back though… they need to burn some of that excess energy doing something productive.
- Myrtle Beach – Because of the late school start and because I like to crash my BFF’s vacation, we decided to use the extra time to travel to Myrtle Beach for vacation. This is our first “real” vacation as a family. The kids and I have never seen the ocean and I don’t know who is more excited – me or them.
- Fantasy Football – Our chick league draft is this week and I am super excited… but, I sure hope I do better than I did last year!
- “Real” Football – Here we go Steelers, here we go! Can’t wait for the regular season to start to see my Steelers play again!
- September 22nd – This is the day my brother was killed in a car accident. Its always one of those days I just wish I could hide under the covers and forget. More recently though, I do actually go to work and not take a vacation day to stay home and be miserable.
- Don’s Birthday – I am not allowed to tell you how old he is, but last year was a big one and we had a surprise party for him. His birthday is the 4th… so, Happy Birthday!
- Mums – The mums are starting to bloom and I love them! My favorites are the burgundy ones, but I like the yellow ones too. (Hint, hint…)
- Cooler weather – I know we usually have a spat of warm weather during “Indian Summer”, but it is always short lived and cooler weather is on its way.
- American Childhood Cancer Month – why is this important? Because in the next couple of weeks I will be sharing when Graeter’s Ice Cream will be giving away free ice cream! Yeah, I know… right!
- September 11th – the day our world changed forever.
Do you have any to add? What things make you think of September? Share in the comments below!