Happy Monday! This Saturday is the first day of October – one of my favorite months of all! Today’s Monday Manifest is going to be a list of October Things! Maybe I should have called it “my favorite things…” Do you have any favorite October things that I didn’t include? Share them in the comments!
Monday Manifest: October Things
- Changing leaves. I love the leaves beginning to change, especially when the colors are amazingly beautiful. I hate when the weather acts up and they are dull, blah colors.
- Pumpkins. The pumpkins are everywhere. Especially, up where we live when the local farm markets and farm stands begin to pile up their pumpkins for sale. I love seeing the hay rides to pumpkin patches and the beautiful shades of orange pumpkins.
- Halloween. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love passing out candy. I love all the little kids in their costumes. I love the calls of “trick or treat” as they come running up the drive. I love the excitement of delicious candy and the anticipation of staying out late and the crispness of the air during Beggar’s Night.
- Decorations. I love getting all my Halloween decorations out and putting them up. Our mantle looks like an autumn explosion! I even have some fun Halloween projects coming up on Friday!
- “Spicy” scents. Trust me, I have spicy scented candles and things out all year – but finally, October is here and it doesn’t seem so strange! I love the smell of Crossroads’ Farm House candle and pretty much anything seasonal, like pumpkin spice, apple pie, or anything like that.
- Speaking of pumpkin pie… October is when you can start to buy delicious pumpkin pie at the store without looking strange. Of course, that has never stopped me before. Pumpkin pie in April? Yes please.
- Mums. I love mums. My favorites are the yellow and the yellow and orange ones. Not too keen on purple or burgundy. They just scream October and autumn to me for some reason.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am not sure I could claim this as a favorite thing – but more of an important thing. This month holds a close place in our hearts since Don’s mom died from breast cancer. Go get a mammogram or breast exam.
- Cool, crisp nights and warm days. This past weekend, we were out at Eldora for the 4 Crown. Sitting in my chair, watching the cars go round, I would look up at the stars and think “I love this time of year.” I love the warm days and crisp, cool nights. I love the chilliness in the air. I love that it is hoodie and jeans weather.
- World of Outlaw Finals. This is a “cheater” thing. Sometimes World of Outlaw finals is in November, but this year it is in October. At the end of this month, we will be heading down to Concord, NC for the World of Outlaw Finals. Three nights of awesome, dirt track racing. All dirt roads lead to Charlotte and we will be enjoying the greatest show on dirt. I can’t wait.
You might have noticed – I didn’t have listed pumpkin spiced lattes or anything like that. Those don’t scream October to me (I swear, they had them at the beginning of September anyways…) but I don’t like them and I don’t drink them. To me, that isn’t October… October is much more than PSL with double shots of whatever. October is autumn.