This week’s topic, courtesy of Kerstin is the Ten Things Learned in 2012. Hmmm…
- I learned that sometimes it can take you preparing to leave to find out how much your are worth to someone. And no, I wasn’t leaving my hubs. LOL. I had accepted another position in a different business unit. After I turned in my notice– it became apparent that I was a vital asset to this business unit and several people wanted me to stay. I don’t recommend that course of action for everyone– but, I am more appreciated now and more appreciative of what my controller deals with on a daily basis.
- I learned that making a tent and having a picnic is an amazing adventure… even if it is in the living room.
- I learned that blogging is an amazing thing– and I love it. I love making friends and making a difference.
- I learned that snuggling is a very good reason to be late for work.
- I learned that perfection is the key to happiness for a child. I stressed and stressed over the kids’ birthday cake– wanting it to be perfect. The kids didn’t know or care. All they knew was that mommy made THEM a cake. Not that the icing wasn’t the right color or that the cake was a little lopsided.
- I learned that I have friends and a support system that reaches far and wide– further than I ever would have suspected.
- I learned that letting a child help is a big thing. Even if it is as small as pouring in the cheese in the macaroni.
- I learned that sometimes you need to stop and see the world through the eyes of a child.
- I learned that people come into your life and people leave your life. The ones who said they would be a friend no matter what, aren’t. The ones you thought wouldn’t be… are.
- I learned– or was reminded repeatedly, since I already knew– that there is nothing like a child’s-(or children’s)- arms around your neck.
Oh…. and before I forget. My myth that was true… I met David Hasselhoff at the Indy 500 Time Trials. For the life of me, I couldn’t remember his name and (repeatedly) called him Michael Knight.