On Sunday, the kids had a blast makin’ cookies with Aunt Danna. My sister-in-law is much braver than I am. My idea of makin’ cookies is opening up a package of premade cookie dough and putting them in the oven. Aunt Danna came over with all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch. The kids had a blast and the cookies were delicious. You’ve set the bar high, Aunt Danna. You’ve set the bar high.
Getting everything ready to go.
Stir, stir, stir.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegetable oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, baking soda and salt, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing.
The finished product. They were so proud of themselves.
(Note the chocolate on their faces.)
After Aunt Danna left, Mo and Bo were sitting next to me on the couch. Bo said, “Can Aunt Danna come over tomorrow to make cookies?”
They must have had fun.