About two months ago, I joined MacroEd and began eating a macro-style diet. While not for everyone, eating to my macro nutrients (fats, carbs, and proteins) and not just to calories has helped me lose 13 pounds in 8 weeks. It has been eye opening the foods that have carbs in them that you normally do not think about. One of my favorite foods is pizza… and I knew I had to find a lower-carb alternative quickly.
Enter cauliflower. Yes cauliflower. (Don’t stop reading… you can make this recipe with your favorite homemade or store bought crust!) Throwing together a cauliflower crust is easy-peasy and really doesn’t take that much longer then using a store dough mix. Is it the same as having “real” pizza crust… no. I won’t lie to you. But, it is close enough that I can eat pizza and enjoy it while eating within my macros.
Low Carb Taco Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
- 12 oz package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound 70/30 ground beef
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to matoes diced
- 8 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Microwave riced cauliflower per package directions.
- Dump into colander and squeeze water out of crumbles with paper towels.
- Stir in egg, 1/3 cup mozzarella, 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to crumbles until soft dough forms.
- Prepare baking sheet with spray oil.
- Press dough into a circle.
- Bake crust for 25 minutes or until crust is crisp and edges are browned. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic until done.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water per package directions.
- When crust is done, pour 1 cup of taco sauce on crust and spread to edges.
- Top with ground beef mixture and cheeses.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, cut into 8 triangles.
- Top with lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Serve each slice with 1 Tablespoon sour cream.
No affiliate links are present in this post. Please see my disclosure for more information.