About two months ago, I joined MacroEd and began eating a macro-style diet. While not for everyone, eating to my macro nutrients (fats, carbs, and proteins) and not just to calories has helped me lose 13 pounds in 8 weeks. It has been eye opening the foods that have carbs in them that you normally do not think about. One of my favorite foods is pizza… and I knew I had to find a lower-carb alternative quickly.
Enter cauliflower. Yes cauliflower. (Don’t stop reading… you can make this recipe with your favorite homemade or store bought crust!) Throwing together a cauliflower crust is easy-peasy and really doesn’t take that much longer then using a store dough mix. Is it the same as having “real” pizza crust… no. I won’t lie to you. But, it is close enough that I can eat pizza and enjoy it while eating within my macros.
Low Carb Taco Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
- 12 oz package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound 70/30 ground beef
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to matoes diced
- 8 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Microwave riced cauliflower per package directions.
- Dump into colander and squeeze water out of crumbles with paper towels.
- Stir in egg, 1/3 cup mozzarella, 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to crumbles until soft dough forms.
- Prepare baking sheet with spray oil.
- Press dough into a circle.
- Bake crust for 25 minutes or until crust is crisp and edges are browned. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, and garlic until done.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water per package directions.
- When crust is done, pour 1 cup of taco sauce on crust and spread to edges.
- Top with ground beef mixture and cheeses.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, cut into 8 triangles.
- Top with lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Serve each slice with 1 Tablespoon sour cream.
Not into the cauliflower crust? Swap out your favorite crust mix or premade crust!
No affiliate links are present in this post. Please see my disclosure for more information.