This layered salad has to be one of my favorite picnic foods. Usually I make a ton of it so there are leftovers… so much I get sick of eating it! Its so simple to throw together and serve at your next picnic or potluck. Enjoy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
- 1 bag Iceberg lettuce larger pieces torn
- 1 green pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 large red onion diced
- 6 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1 - 10 ounce bag frozen peas uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package bacon pieces
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pint whipped salad dressing like Miracle Whip
In a bowl, mix sugar, white pepper and whipped salad dressing.
In another large bowl, Layer remaining ingredients i the order listed, except for bacon and cheese.
Spread salad dressing mixture over top of salad, to the edges of the bowl to "seal" the flavors in.
Top with cheese and bacon.
Refrigerated for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
Prior to serving, toss salad together.
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Vitamin A 0IU0%
Vitamin C 0mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.