This layered salad has to be one of my favorite picnic foods. Usually I make a ton of it so there are leftovers… so much I get sick of eating it! Its so simple to throw together and serve at your next picnic or potluck. Enjoy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
- 1 bag Iceberg lettuce larger pieces torn
- 1 green pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 large red onion diced
- 6 hard boiled eggs diced
- 1 - 10 ounce bag frozen peas uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package bacon pieces
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pint whipped salad dressing like Miracle Whip
- In a bowl, mix sugar, white pepper and whipped salad dressing.
- In another large bowl, Layer remaining ingredients i the order listed, except for bacon and cheese.
- Spread salad dressing mixture over top of salad, to the edges of the bowl to "seal" the flavors in.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Refrigerated for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Prior to serving, toss salad together.
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Vitamin A 0IU0%
Vitamin C 0mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.