The Last Supper and Gene Kelly
What a title– the Last Supper and Gene Kelly. But, that only means it’s Wednesday Hodgepodge time! Read on to find out what painting I would like to see most, who shares my birthday, what I can guarantee about myself and what I am begging you to do for me. Read on, link up, and have some fun!
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
The kids and I last sang to the Hubs for his birthday. The last time I was sung to was by the kids and the Hubs. (Our birthdays are a week apart.) I HATE being the center of attention on my birthday. As in, I will probably walk out of a restaurant where the servers sing to me.
2. Name a famous or ‘infamous’ person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you’d like to meet in person if it were possible?
Gene Kelly was born on August 23rd. And, I would love to have met him.
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow…what are you hoping to find inside?
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
That my lips are not directly wired to my ears.
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here…’The Last Supper’ in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or ‘The Mona Lisa’ in The Louvre, Paris…which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
I’d have to say The Last Supper– just because I read all the DaVinci books and want to see if Mary of Magdalene is really in the painting.
6. Your favorite dessert?
I have to choose one?! I’d have to say peanut butter pie.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)…what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you’re looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
I always decorate with Halloween and Fall decorations. I am definitely looking forward to the leaves changing and taking the kids and the Hubs to Amish Country.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I rarely ask for things from my readers, at least I don’t think so. But, I’d really appreciate it if you would click here and scroll to the bottom of the page and click Vote For This Story. Ron Thomason was an English teacher of mine in high school. He was the toughest and best teacher I ever had. Literally, the graduate program I am in has nothing on this man. He is the founding member of the Dry Branch Fire Squad bluegrass band, has worked with numerous charities, and still manages to raise and train race-winning horses. The man is truly amazing and I wish I would have known all these things about him when I had him as a teacher.
I’m with ya on running from the restaurant as they sing happy birthday…….so embarrassing. Favorite dessert would have to be banana split dessert although not many desserts I don’t like. Super excited about our trip to amish country love how the kids are excited about taking me all around there. I share a birthday with Paul Harvey and now you know the rest of the story.
I share my birthday with one of my favorite actors on my favorite show: Jesse Tyler Ferguson from Modern Family. And I happily voted for your English teacher’s story. I love when you can cast your vote without signing up for an account on the site!
Gene Kelly would have been fun to meet. You could go dancing : ) I will hop over and vote…I am a fan of inspiring teachers!