Just Because Card
I think this is one my my favorite cards that I have made in awhile. I was just messing around with the Stampin’ Up’s Fresh Vintage stamp set. This simple card could easily be made with any postage-stamp type stamp and for any occassion.
- white card stock, cut (1) 5.5″ x 8.5″, (1) 3.75 x 5″, and (3) 1.0 x 1.0″**
- black card stock, cut (1) 4.0 x 5.25″ and (3) 1.25 x 1.25″
- Red ribbon
- Paper cutter
- Embossing/die cutting machine
- Embossing folder of your choice
- Embossing ink
- Black Embossing powder
- Heat gun
- 3 rhinestones
- 1 rhinestone butterfly
- Pop dots
**I recommend embossing the postage stamps first and then cutting to size.**
- Fold the card base in half. Crease well.
- Emboss the 3.75 x 5″ card stock with the embossing machine using the chosen folder.
- Adhere large black rectangle to front of card.
- Wrap red ribbon around white embossed piece and tape in back.
- Adhere white embossed/ribbon piece to top of black rectangle.
- Stamp postage stamp images with embossing ink and emboss using black powder. Allow to cool completely. See this tutorial if you do not know how to emboss.
- Adhere white embossed stamps to center of black squares. Attach rhinestones.
- Pop dot squares to front of card.
There you have it! Hope you like it!
I love this card!! The boring cards that stores sell do little to inspire. Your card, however, gives me the urge to go buy a lot of beautiful crafting paper and supplies to make my own!! Alas, I lack the talent for crafty creativity.
I found you through a blog hop, glad I did! I look forward to reading your posts and am now following you! Come on by the Aloha Friday Blog hop and link up with us too!! It’s easy and you could end up being next week’s featured blogger!! Come on by and link up if you please!! It’s a great way to get more followers and we’d love to have you at the Aloha Friday Blog Hop
hey babe….what a great card. I so wish I could be that creative. I have been so sick and have to catch up on your posts.
you could send that card to me for no reason !!!! LOL
bring some ideas for gift tags for the next “crop” night on Dec. 14th. I plan to make my tags then.