Julia’s Egg Salad
Are you wondering what to do with those dozens of colored Easter eggs in your fridge like we are? Make egg salad! Of all my egg salad versions, I think this “regular” one is the best! This is one of those recipes I have tweaked over the years until it has reached egg salad perfection. Throw some together for lunch and enjoy! (I won’t tell your kids where all the eggs went, I promise!)
And, keep reading to find out my fool-proof way to hard boil eggs!
Julia’s Egg Salad Recipe
8 eggs, hard boiled (see below)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
Peel eggs and chop into pieces. In a bowl, mix all ingredients and stir until creamy. Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours (or overnight) before serving.
Calories: 238 | Fat: 17.8 | Carbs: 5
Fiber: .6 | Protein 13 | Cholesterol: 381
Hard-Boiling Eggs Perfectly
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with 1 inch of cold water.
- Cook over high heat until just boiling.
- Remove from burner and cover.
- Let eggs sit in saucepan for 12 minutes (large eggs) – 15 for extra large, 7 for medium.
- Drain eggs and run cold water over them (while still in the pan) to cool them down.
- Refrigerate them (or make egg salad!)