Hodgepodge Wednesday Vol. 103
1. Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
Personally, I like the pretty gift wrap with a bow. Especially when it’s all coordinated and adorned with doodads. The percentage of gifts I have wrapped… Uhhhh… well…. none. Zip. Nada. Wait! Do the bags they came from the store in count?
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
A new Kindle since the kids broke mine.
3. What makes a home?
The people in it.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who’s your favorite Motown artist and/or song?
I love Motown music. In fact, my dad took us to the Ford Museum in Michigan when they were having their Motown exhibit because we loved the music so much. We got to sit in a replica night club and watch a movie and listen to the music. It was awesome. I don’t know if I could narrow down just one song I like from that genre. I like Martha and the Vandellas, Smokey Robinson, the Four Tops…. I think my all-time Motown song is Reach Out and I’ll Be There by the Four Tops. (Okay, now all my friends that read this that didn’t know I liked Motown are probably laughing!)
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
I would have to say red! Go Bucks! O-H!
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what’s your favorite dish made with bacon?
Seriously, you have to ask?! TRUE. Cowboy Casserole.… and definitely check out the recipe.
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
Wow. I would have to say my family going every year to Ludlow Falls and seeing the lights the volunteer firemen put up. We would always get all bundled up and walk down the path by the falls and then stop at the bonfire to warm up and then come back the same path. On the way back to the car, there was a little general store type place that we would stop and get hot chocolate and fudge at. (Nana… don’t mention the Christmas song… its an upcoming blog post. LOL).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, I went and got my hair cut the other day. Short. Its super-cute and I love it. Most everyone– even people I hardly talk to at work– have stopped me to say how cute it was. Even my boss told me he liked it. I was sitting at my desk, and someone walks in and says, “Oh, you got your hair cut. Do you like it?” What kind of question is that? Really? I would never say something like that. Obviously, she doesn’t like it or she would have just said “Your hair is cute.” It pissed me off.
Sure wish I had the nerve to cut my hair short, but I’ve had some pretty bad experiences over the years. Glad you’re happy with your new do!
My oldest daughter has always had very long hair. In May she cut 12 inches off for Locks of Love and I think it looks so cute. As long as you’re happy with it I wouldn’t let anyone spoil that!
I have asked that question AFTER saying it’s cute to someone when the person is still frowning in what seems like her own disapproval of her haircut. I don’t say something’s cute unless I mean it. I might say, “You got your hair cut! It really makes a difference!” I haven’t actually said a positive difference.. hahahaha.