Today, we have Katie on behalf of Hefty® sharing summer travel tips! Read on for several helpful ideas to make your summer vacations a breeze! So, take a break, grab a cool glass of lemonade and relax while you read Katie’s great tips!
It’s finally summer vacation season! That means planning, packing, flying, driving, and everything in between. Vacations can be a lot of work for something that is supposed to be relaxing! Here are some tips for surviving your not-always-so-calm week off:
- Plan ahead—Try to book hotels and flights early on. This may sound obvious, but it’s always something that is good to keep in mind. Having everything booked well enough ahead of time will allow you the time to look forward to your vacation, instead of dreading it.
- Read about your destination—Knowing about where you’re going can add a lot to a trip because you will know the backstory of the places that you visit. This will also help you to know where you want to go once you get to your destination.
- Pack light when flying—If you’re flying, bringing one carry-on bag instead of checking luggage could make everything easier: you won’t have to worry about the airline losing your bags, it will be faster to get on and off the plane, and it will often be cheaper (since you’re not paying to check bags). Plastic travel bags that follow airport security guidelines can help when packing for a flight.
- Bring Snacks or Lunch—On the other hand, if you’re heading off on a road trip, you can pack a lot more than if you’re traveling by plane. Prepare sandwiches the night before to take with in the car—this will save you time from not stopping at a fast food restaurant, and it will be healthier, too. Snacks will help keep your kids in the back seat happy, so packing a few snacks is not a bad idea.
- Make a checklist—Write down everything that you think you will need and mark it off once it is packed. Small items like phone chargers are very easy to leave behind, so it’s nice to have something that can help remind you.
- Bring books and music—Whether you’re going to be sitting in the car for nine hours or taking a quick flight, a book or some music are essential for a summer vacation.
Vacations should be fun, so don’t stress too much about them. Just enjoy what comes your way, even if it’s not on the itinerary!
Author Bio: This is a guest post by Katie F. on behalf of Hefty®. Visit http://www.hefty.com to find products like trash bags, freezer bags, and more that can help you out with your busy life.