These grilled chicken street tacos are simple to make and delicious to eat. I happened upon the street taco shells at the grocery store and knew I had to come up with something yummy to go in them. Chicken might be rather plain in the street taco world, but this garlicky chicken is mouthwatering and the perfect touch for these thicker shells.
Grilled Chicken Street Tacos
- 12 street taco shells
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons guacamole
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup queso
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken. Sprinkle with half the garlic powder, seasoning salt and onion powder.
- Saute about 10 to 15 minutes on one side. Flip and seasoning chicken with the remaining seasonings.
- Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove from pan, slice into thin slices and set aside.
- Spread 2-3 Tablespoons of queso on each shell.
- Top each shell with 3-4 slices chicken breast.
- Sprinkle shells evenly with shredded cheese, black olives and top with guacamole.