After a couple of bad doctor’s appointments and Don reminding me I said I was going to stop drinking diet soda made me decide to eat healthier again. Part of having PCOS is needing to watch your sugar and gluten intake. I decided to try brown rice spaghetti noodles for something different in a recipe. I created this Greek Spaghetti with Brown Rice Noodles last night and it was delicious! Enjoy!
Greek Spaghetti with Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 package gluten free brown rice spaghetti noodles 16 oz
- 1 medium red onion diced finely
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large can diced tomatoes drained (28 oz)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 can whole black olives drained
- 3 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Boil noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Begin to saute chicken pieces. When chicken is almost done, add onions and garlic and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Reduce heat to low. Add black olives, lemon juice, parsley, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Stir to incorporate.
- Allow mixture to heat for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Toss sauce with feta cheese immediately before serving.
- To serve, top noodles with sauce.