After a couple of bad doctor’s appointments and Don reminding me I said I was going to stop drinking diet soda made me decide to eat healthier again. Part of having PCOS is needing to watch your sugar and gluten intake. I decided to try brown rice spaghetti noodles for something different in a recipe. I created this Greek Spaghetti with Brown Rice Noodles last night and it was delicious! Enjoy!
Greek Spaghetti with Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 package gluten free brown rice spaghetti noodles 16 oz
- 1 medium red onion diced finely
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large can diced tomatoes drained (28 oz)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 can whole black olives drained
- 3 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Boil noodles according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Begin to saute chicken pieces. When chicken is almost done, add onions and garlic and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Reduce heat to low. Add black olives, lemon juice, parsley, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and tomatoes. Stir to incorporate.
Allow mixture to heat for approximately 5-6 minutes.
Toss sauce with feta cheese immediately before serving.
To serve, top noodles with sauce.