Psssst…. Head over to a participating Graeter’s in Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville, Pittsburgh, and Chicago for a free scoop of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream Thursday, September 7th from 4 until 8 PM! While you are there donate a $1 or $5 for a “cone for the cure” and help The Cure Starts Now fund research for pediatric brain cancer! For more information about Cones for the Cure, visit my post!
Reasons to Support Cones for the Cure
- Free ice cream twice during the two week fundraiser! Okay, so that is pretty cool. Head over to participating Graeter’s in Dayton, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Chicago, Columbus, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville, or Pittsburgh locations to grab your scoop of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream!
- Cones for the Cure is raising money to fund research to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
- In the last 8 years, Cones for the Cure has raised over $2 million dollars for cancer research!
- You can make a $1 or $5 donation at Graeter’s to help! Bonus: Graeter’s will give you a coupon book worth $20 with your $5 donation!
- There is free ice cream TODAY (September 7th, 4-8) and there is another free ice cream day coming up… and I know when it is.
- Share you ice cream selfies on social media, with the hashtag #conesforthecure
- Cones for the Cure was created as a tribute to a 6 year old girl named Elena who lost her battle with pediatric brain cancer. And, yep… Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream is named for her!
- The proceeds of every purchased scoop of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream goes to Cones for the Cure!
- Did I mention the free ice cream day? And, the $20 coupon book for your $5 donation?
- Last year, Cones for the Cure in partnership with Graeter’s raised $130,000 in two weeks. Let’s beat that this year!
While this post was a silly reminder of a good cause and a wonderfully fun partnership with Graeter’s Ice Cream… Cones for the Cure needs your help. Children need your help.
Each year, they hold this fundraiser to help raise money to fund research to find a cure to pediatric brain cancer. With your help, they could hit a home run and find a cure for all cancers. If you think about it, you would spend $3 or more on ice cream at Graeter’s normally.
If you took that money saved with your free scoop and donated it… you would be helping children live long, cancer-free lives. Or, better yet..buy a scoop of Elena’s Blueberry Pie ice cream during the two week period, and donate the money you normally spend on your coffee in the morning!
Remember, a $5 donation gets you a $20 coupon book!
Be a hero. Please visit your local Graeter’s and help Cones for the Cure hit a home run for cancer! You could save a child’s life.
If you are unable to visit a participating Graeter’s, please visit the Cones for the Cure website for information on how to make a donation.